Friday, October 11, 2002

Cold

The weather has changed and I've got a cold. The mornings have turned lazy and I nestle snug beneath a comforter (whoever thought of the name?), till the creeping hand of the clock reminds me gently. I hate alarms; besides I hit the snooze button and defeat the purpose. I was sneezing all through the day yesterday, the heightened temperature and the cold making my world acquire a hazy, hollow, dream like quality. Tired, at the end of the day, we went to a restaurant. The steamy bowl of minestrone was divine. Little pleasures. I guess that's what it boils down to.

My moods are heavily influenced by the weather. I need the Sun's brightness, its heat, the busy feeling it inspires. But a morning when my fingers feel cold against my face, when the windows are frosted has its own charms.

No comments: