Friday, September 23, 2011

Groundhog Day


I have always wanted a groundhog day - I should actually be horrified at the idea of repeating the same day over and over, but somehow the idea seems inviting to me. It is sort of like the world pauses while you get to do whatever you want. In the movie, Phil masters the piano, probably gets to watch all the movies he had wanted to, reads hundreds of book all while he was still getting paid.

Coleridge may have lamented  "And I, the while, the sole unbusy thing, Nor honey make, nor pair, nor build, nor sing" But I personally would have welcomed the idea.

I have finally woken up to the fact there is no groundhog day coming my way and no one is going to pay me for doing whatever I want. So I have bitten the bullet, so to speak. I am officially on a break whatever that means.

I am now in the mode of watching sundry TV programs and walking about rather aimlessly and eating salty snacks but once I get this out of my system I might actually enjoy doing nothing or enjoy not getting paid for what I want to do.

No comments: