Monday, May 30, 2005

Star wars

I am watching star wars movies in the order they were released. It is interesting to watch them again, armed with the knowledge of the prequels. Obviously Lucas hadnt yet thought all the stories through, which makes it interesting to watch from trivia perspective. For example, the battle between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader in episode IV can be said to be too timid..., you wonder why Luke was given the last name Skywalker considering what happened... etc.Ofcourse all this little things can be explained away...

I realized watching episode IV again what a brilliant stroke Han Solo's character was. The right amount of skepticism, heroism, humour, arrogance.. apparently my most favourite line was ad-libbed by Ford. Princess Leia declares her love to the about to be frozen Han and he responds with a stark simplicity - 'I know'. There is a mixture of agony, love, helplessness.. in the 'I know'. Its good they let him ad-lib.

No comments: